- Dr. D. P. Basu Young Award in Cardiology
- E. Merck Award
- Dr. M. J. Shah Memorial Award in Tropical Medicine
There will be three award sessions at the 2019 Annual Conference of API at Kochi. The rules and regulations of these awards are as under:
- Papers that are accepted for presentation in the Award Session at the Annual Conference will be divided subject-wise into four groups.
||Dr. D.P. Basu Young Award
||E. Merck Award
||Dr. J.N. Berry Award
||Dr. M.J. Shah Award
The award of Dr. J.N. Berry Memorial Award and E. Merck Award are given in alternate years in Group II and III papers. At the 2019 Annual Conference E. Merck Award for Chest Diseases will be awarded. Dr. D.P. Basu Young Award will be for Cardiology and Dr. M.J. Shah Memorial Award for Tropical Medicine.
Suggestions should be accompanied with eight copies of a brief Bioâ€‘data of the suggested name, so as to reach the API office not later than 31st July, 2018.
- The competitor must be the first author of the paper submitted for presentation at the API sessions of the Annual Conference. A testimonial must be submitted from the Head of the Institution that the major work has been done by the competitor. Papers which are previously presented or published will not be considered. The competitor should also give a written pledge stating that the work has not been presented or published before. He / she should be a member of API.
- Dr. D. P. Basu Awards are of Rs.1,000/- each. Dr. J.N. Berry Memorial Award Rs.2,000/- and Dr. M. J. Shah Memorial Award is of Rs.2,500/-.
- The upper age limit of the competitor is 40 years (proof to be attached).
- The decision will be taken by a panel of judges appointed by the Governing Body of API.
- The candidate must apply for the award and full papers will be presented in separate award session.
- Eight copies of full manuscript will have to be submitted to Dr. K.K Pareek, Chairman, Scientific Committee of APICON 2019, by 31st July, 2018. One copy of the paper should be sent to
Dr. Mangesh Tiwaskar,
Hon. General Secretary of API at Mumbai, Turf Estate # 6 & 7,
Off Dr. E. Moses Road, Opp. Shakti Mills Compound,
Near Mahalaxmi Station (West),
Mumbai - 400 011.
- The decision of the panel of judges will be final and binding to all concerned.